Alex Deucher wrote:
Another option that worked for a radeon user I was helping, was to set
up the video chip in mergedfb mode initally with crt1 forced on or with
the monitor attached.  then use xrandr to resize the frame buffer on
the fly.  so if you have two 1024x768 heads set up the initial
framebuffer as 2048x768 then use xrandr to resize to 1024x768.  if you
plug in the monitor rerun xrandr and change back to 2048x768.  this
only works in mergedfb mode and may not work on sis (I don't know that

You bet it does :)


any one has tried it).

_I_ do actually test the code that I publish (which is something not everyone does according to my experience) :)


Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria
thomas AT winischhofer DOT net          http://www.winischhofer.net/
twini AT xfree86 DOT org

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to