Hi !!

I have a intel 845 glva motherboard running RedHat linux 8. Due to poor
graphical resolution, I recently downloaded te entire 4.3 version of
Xwindows (abt 70 mb) and installed it. Unfortunately, after installation (it
said the installation completed successfully), when i rebooted,  i  did get
a graphical screen with mouse, as if its just trying to bring the logon
screen, but the logon screen never comes and the system remains like that.
when i kill XWindows and login from console and then use 'startx', it
directly goes to gui under the root's account without teh graphical logon
screen. Then, when i click teh logout menu, the logout confirmatuon dialog
never comes.

Can anyone please tell me, whats the problem with the XWindows? Also,
previously, under RedHat 7, i cld use Xconfigurator and test my settings.
Under the new Xwindows system, i no longer find the "XConfigurator" command,
neither it is listed in "setup".  How can i get the text based graphical
configuration tool?

Please help me with this, since i am really stuck ...

Anirban.