Using perror(), I found that both the "fb" and "x32" memory regions
don't map privately, but they do map shared. The "xlut" region does not
map as either private or shared, and in each case the mmap() error
number is EACCES (#13), "permission denied". The Solaris 8 man page for
mmap(2) mentions:

The mmap() function will fail if:

     EACCES
           The fildes file  descriptor  is  not  open  for  read,
           regardless  of  the protection specified, or fildes is
           not open for write and PROT_WRITE was specified for  a
           MAP_SHARED type mapping.

I am running as root for now, perhaps I don't have enough memory? I have
4MB of video memory, if the X server will only run in 32bpp mode it
might not be enough. I'll keep updating from CVS and checking out new
builds (this test was done with 4.3.99.6).
Thanks!!!


On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 10:50, Marc Aurele La France wrote:

> 
> OK.  Then please figure out what errno is when xf86MapSbusMem()'s call to
> mmap() fails.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> Marc.
> 

> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
-- 
Mike Russo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ReadQ Systems, Inc.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to