I just got a Dell D400 Laptop with Intel I855GM video. I'm having
difficulty getting it to use any additional video modes beyond
640x480x8, 800x600x8, 1024x768x8, and 640x480x16. I'm running 
XFree86 4.3.0. I've seen David Dawes' pages about the Xfree additions
for this chipset, and I've applied his agpgart patch to my vanilla linux
kernel (2.4.20). I've also booted up the development kernel with the
same result.

I've specified VideoRam 65000 and even more. However, trying to force
(using DefaultDepth 16) and Modes "1024x768" gives me the error below. 
Dell has decided that 832k is more than enough for the console. I
can email the full logs and the full XFree86Config file (bzip2ed) to
anyone who want to take a stab at this. 

Thanks,
Jon Fox/mycr0ft

<xlogsnippet>
(**) I810(0): Depth 16, (--) framebuffer bpp 16
(==) I810(0): RGB weight 565
(==) I810(0): Default visual is TrueColor
(II) Loading sub module "int10"
(II) LoadModule: "int10"
(II) Reloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libint10.a
(II) I810(0): initializing int10
(II) I810(0): Primary V_BIOS segment is: 0xc000
(WW) System lacks support for changing MTRRs
<!-- portions deleted>
(II) I810(0): detected 892 kB stolen memory.
(II) I810(0): I830CheckAvailableMemory: 445104 kB available
(II) I810(0): Will attempt to tell the BIOS that there is 12288 kB
VideoRAM
(WW) I810(0): Extended BIOS function 0x5f11 not supported.
(II) I810(0): BIOS view of memory size can't be changed (this is not an
error).
(--) I810(0): Pre-allocated VideoRAM: 892 kByte
(**) I810(0): VideoRAM: 65000 kByte
(==) I810(0): video overlay key set to 0x83e
(**) I810(0): page flipping disabled
<!-- portions deleted>
(--) I810(0): Maximum space available for video modes: 832 kByte
</xlogsnippet>

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to