Title: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 using Xfree86 4.3.0 and 3DFX VOODOO 5 video card
I am trying to get Xfree86 4.3.0 as distributed with Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 to work with the tdfx (3dfx) driver for the 3dfx voodoo 5 PCI card (for macs). I am using a mac 7300 PPC with a 300mhz G3.
Sorry – have not been able to capture the log files and the error details back to the mac. But – the good news is that this is not an uncommon problem. The “newbie” at this link http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/expert/2003-02/msg02362.php
Has described exactly the problem that I am experiencing.
So – whats the secret word?
Link copied below for convenience.
I have a Power Mac 6500 ("OldWorld") with 128 MB RAM, USB Card, Comm. Slot
10/100 Ethernet and in addition to the built-in video card, a 3dfx Voodoo4
with 32 MB RAM. It's running BootX 1.2.2 with a slew of different kernels
that I've tried, all with the same results...
My Mandrake 8.2 installation (9.1rc1 wouldn't install) decided to use the
Voodoo4 for installation, but when it installed and restarted all the Linux
goodness was only on my puny ATi 2MB RAM built-in card, and X will not
start.
I have tried using the autoconfig ability of XFree86, but it provides the
same results.
I relaxed and immediately looked at config and log files, the indicate that
the Ati card and 3dfx card are both configured to be used with xinerama...
The log files indicate errors from the TDFX driver as follows:
(WW) ****INVALID IO ALLOCATION**** b:0x100000 e: 0x100ff correcting
(WW) ****INVALID IO ALLOCATION**** b:0x400 e:0x4ff correcting
(EE) TDFX(0): No valid PIO address in PCI config space

