Hi,

> Thankx a ton!!! but I have another problem. I have Original Intel D845 GLVA
> motherboard with integrated graphics and use RedHat 8. Since i do not get a
> resolution higher than 800x600 (& i desperately need a higher resolution),
> I downloaded the XFree86 4.3 and installed it. But whatever i do in order
> to configure XFree86 ( i tried everything, just every configuration tweak i
> can think of), the graphical interface neither works in the old 800*600
> resolution, nor in 1024*768 resolution. The monotir led keeps blinking
> while I get a dark screen. I have a Samtron 50 E monitor.
>
> I am attaching the Xfree86.0.log as well as XF86Config file. Can anyone
> please help me out of this? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee?
>
> Thanking you in anticipation ...

I am not pro but I can see in your log file
II) I810(0): Monitor0: Using hsync range of 50.00-120.00 kHz
(II) I810(0): Monitor0: Using vrefresh range of 30.00-61.00 Hz

Are you sure you have not swapped the info concerning the frequencies of your 
monitor (the vertical and horizontal frequency) ?
In your XF86Config-4 file, invert HorizSync and VertRefresh... after verifiyng 
that is correct of course :)
Moreover, your Section "Screen" could be : 
Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth    24
        Subsection "Display"
                Depth 1
                Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           4
                Modes           "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           8
                Modes           "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           15
                Modes           "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           16
                Modes           "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24
                Modes           "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection
htp.

.Yves.

-: Unix IS user-friendly, it just chooses its friends very carefully. :-
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to