Hello,

I am running Mandrake 9.0, Gforce2 GTS, AMD 1.2ghz.

I tried to upgrade to Xfree86 version 4.3.0
(downloaded the version that the "sh Xinstall.sh
-check" command recommended).

However, now when I boot to linux I get the mandrake
graphical login screen, but two bad things happen:

-- the keyboard doesn't always work.  Sometimes I can
type my password, sometimes not.  Sometimes only a few
characters before it stops responding.  WHen this
happens, the "numlock" light still works, but
"capslock" light does not.  I do an ALT-E to restart
the Xserver(?).

-- when I can type my password and try to log in, I
get bounced right back to the login screen (Xserver
crashes & restarts??).

I am able to log into Linux in "Maintenance mode"
only, as root.

Please help, and be gentle - I'm trying to get off
Winders, and I'm still a Linux newbie ;-)



__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
http://sbc.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to