|
I recently installed Mandrake 9.1 which comes with Xfree86
4.3.0. I have an ATI Radeon 9000 (64MB) graphics card
and an Acer AL732 LCD monitor capable of 1280x1024. However I can only run it
up to 1024x768. I have tried using the tool at http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/ for
generating a modeline appropriate for my monitor by
using the specs from the manual. After I did this, I was able to run with the
monitor in 1280x1024, but the screen blanks from time to time. I suspect that
the driver for the Radeon card might be causing the
trouble – I use the ATI Radeon driver that
comes with XFree86. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Would I
get a newer driver for the graphics card if I tried installing the newest
development snapshot of XFree86? Thomas Arildsen |
- Re: [XFree86] ATI Radeon 9000 Thomas Arildsen
- Re: [XFree86] ATI Radeon 9000 Thomas Arildsen

