Hi.

I'm have the following setup running Linux:

  box-1:

    wine20030508
    XFree86 4.2.0
    TXWords 10.0

  box-2

    wine20030618
    XFree86 4.3.0
    TXWords 10.0

When I execute the following:

  $ Xvfb :0 -screen 0 1024x768x24 &
  [...]
  $ export DISPLAY=:0
  $ wine /root/txwords-auto.exe

This runs the Microsoft Windows TXWords application (an application that
converts from Micrsoft Word format to RTF).  On box-1, this runs
smoothly with only minor font problems.  On box-2, I get the following
error which I'm not certain is XFree86 related, but after searching
Google, I'm beginning to think so:

  X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib 
length error)
    Major opcode of failed request:  148 (RENDER)
    Minor opcode of failed request:  20 (RenderAddGlyphs)
    Serial number of failed request:  5200
    Current serial number in output stream:  5323

A normal run of this application usually takes about eight seconds (as
timed on box-1).  The error shows up after 7 seconds so it is very near
the end of the run.  The application, for what it's worth, pops up a
window, does the conversion and then exits.

Does anyone know what this problem might be if it is related to XFree86
in any way and how to solve it so that the application will run on
box-2?

Thanks for any pointers,

Erik Enge
Software Engineer
Professional Reviews Inc.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to