On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 04:05, p a wrote:
> I made changes to Monitor fresh rate(Hz)
> Then I logout.
> When disappear X windows, Error Message displayed.
> and text mode user login request.
> I passed all of it.
> Then it prompted $ sign shell.
> How do I get into my GUI again?
My suggestion is that before any attempt is made to change behaviour of 
GUI one should change the inittab runlevel to 3 instead of 5.
This ensures that you are always able to login in text mode even if X
fails to work properly. Then from text command start X with command
startx
If every thing works fine edit inittab back to runlevel 5 to get
graphical login in the next startup.

For your case before going any further edit the file back to original
status. Assuming X was running at that point of time.
-- 
Sudev Barar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to