On Thursday, June 26, 2003 10:56 am, ACFUtinga wrote:
> Ol�,

Hi.

> Estou instalando o linux em uma m�quina que tem placa de v�deo onboard, mas
> essa m�quina n�o � minha e n�o consigo saber qual placa �. A instala��o n�o
> a reconhece dando mensagem de Falha na detec��o da placa de v�deo. J�
> tentei usar um driver vga e vesa gen�rico, mas n�o funciona o ambiente X.

[I am installing Linux on a machine that has an onboard video card, but this 
machine isn't mine and I don't know what kind of card it is.  The installer 
program doesn't recognize the card.  I already tried using VGA and Generic 
VESA drivers but neither worked.]

> O monitor � um LG Studioworks 560A, sendo que tamb�m n�o tem o driver. Eu
> coloco 560SC sendo que tem tab�m a op��o 560Si ou usar monitor gen�rico (se
> vem que n�o sei tamb�m quais as op��es de gen�rico posso usar... tem
> v�rias...)

[The monitor is an LG Studioworks 560A, and I also don't have a driver for it.  
I tried the 560SC, 560Si, and "generic monitor" drivers, but I don't know 
what options to give to configure "generic monitor".]

Please write in English next time.  Also, please correct my paraphrased 
translation.  Portuguese, after all, isn't Spanish. :^)

What distribution are you using that is giving you these options?

Try typing "XFree86 -configure" at the prompt to attempt once more to 
autodetect your graphics card, monitor, and other system parameters.

Is there a way to get XFree86 to use fbcon?  I never tried it myself, but I 
hear it exists.  Anyway, you might try checking to see if the Linux kernel's 
framebuffer subsystem directly supports your video card, but that may be 
trickier than getting X to use it.

If the owner of the machine allows it, you should be able to install a 
different graphics card, one that is known to work with Linux and XFree86.

(This is why I don't like integrating anything in the motherboard beyond the 
bare minimum...)

-- 
Andy Goth  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://ioioio.net/
End communication.


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to