On Thursday, June 26, 2003 11:22 pm, ved wrote:
> Tomorrow evening i'll problably have another monitor to test it out so i'll
> maybe post some more info then.
> I didn't make any changes to cfg files, the problem just started out
> spontaneously.

Sounds like hardware, then.

> The /tmp files i don't think is the problem because i
> already rebooted and my system erases the tmp dir on boot.

I was being facetious.

> i'll try this after i try with another monitor and yes, my card is a nvidia
> tnt2 m64 16mb

I'm not sure it's even possible for a graphics card to exhibit display 
problems such as you have described, at least not without it being 
consciously designed to do so.

> yes i had the same problem at 1024 and 640 but on text mode i still didn't
> get this behavior, i just today changed the textmode resolution from the
> default 80x25 to 100x37 with 9 pixel fonts i believe, it was one of the
> settings that came with svgatextmode that got an output that i liked. i'll
> see if it does the same thing now that i'm using it, but so far it's going
> well, no blackouts.

I'll take a wild guess, probably an incorrect one, and say that you're not 
having problems in text mode since most of your display is black.

> heh, thanks, i know a little but not beeing a native i always excuse any
> possible mistakes. I'm from Madeira Island in Portugal btw =)

http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=980524

> Thanks for your response, i'll give some more feedback tomorrow when i test
> on another monitor.

-- 
Andy Goth  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://ioioio.net/
End communication.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to