On Friday, June 27, 2003 12:19 pm, Alexander A. Kolpakov wrote:
> My configuration:
>    APS Linux 7.3

You mean ASP, right?

>    ATI Radeon 7500 64Mb

Wow, these sure are getting popular...

> Here is my working XF86Config.

Is this the same XF86Config file that gives you the server crash?

> I hope it helps others who are having the same problem:
>
> Section "Device"
>         BUSId       "PCI:1:0:0"
>         Identifier  "Videocard0"
>         [...]
>         Screen      0
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>         BUSId       "PCI:1:0:0"
>         Identifier  "Videocard1"
>         [...]
>         Screen      1
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>         Identifier "Screen0"
>         Device     "Videocard0"
>         Monitor    "Monitor0"
>         [...]
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>         Identifier "Screen1"
>         Device     "Videocard1"
>         Monitor    "Monitor1"
>         [...]
> EndSection

Thanks.  I was wondering how to drive two monitors with this card (which I 
own).  Currently I use two cards to drive my two monitors, since I don't have 
anything that fits the DVI port.  I'd like to move both monitors to this one 
card and put a third monitor on the secondary card.

And then, just for fun, I'll connect my card's composite out to my video 
capture card's input and see what happens. :^)

> Fatal server error:
> Caught signal 11.  Server aborting
> >>            --  WHAT IS IT?
> >> WHAT'S MY PROBLEM?

Signal 11 means SIGSEGV, also known as a segfault.  This means the X server 
made a bad memory access.  This should never happen, so yeah, there's a bug 
somewhere in your system.  It's probably XFree86 or its Radeon driver, but it 
might just lie in some system library.  The only way to find out is for you 
to track it down using tools like strace, ElectricFence, and gdb, as I 
recently suggested to someone else on this list.

But don't waste your time debugging an old version of the X server.  Try 4.3.0 
and see if it crashes in the same way.  If so, then try the latest CVS.  If 
it's still not working, then your debugging efforts would be much 
appreciated.

In the mean time, check to see if it works if you, say, disable xinerama and 
disable the second screen.  Play with disabling other stuff.  Try using VGA 
or VESA drivers instead of Radeon.  This will give us all a feel for the 
general vicinity of the bug, and you might just find a workaround that you 
can live with for a couple days until you have the problem fixed for real.

-- 
Andy Goth  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://ioioio.net/
End communication.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to