There are drivers for the r300 chip

I use the Radeon 9700 and found 4.3.X drivers at:

http://www.schneider-digital.de

works ok it seems.

Only problem I have with 4.3.X on RH9 is the Esound server 'esd'.

I can log in and X comes up nicely, I can play sounds using the OSS driver,
but if I log out and try to log in again X hangs.  Have to do a complete
reboot every time I log out.

There's a bug report on rh bugzilla about this, but nothing seems to be
happening with it.

Specifically the problem seems to be related to the Via Technologies VT8233
AC97 Audio Controller and ESound.





-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 4:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [XFree86] radeon r300 chips


Hello,

When will R300 (radeon 9700pro, and others) be supported in XFree? I found
drivers, but they are for xfree 4.2.0 - currently I am using the xfree which
comes with Mandrake linux (4.3.0 i think).

Waiting for reply.

Greetings,
Maris

---------------------------------------------
This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.
http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to