Thanks Alex. If you've a spare moment would you mind looking at my
current XF86Config file? http://www.656.org/ati/XF86Config The
XFree86.0.log is at http://www.656.org/ati/XFree86.0.log Just please let
me know if something jumps out as being horribly wrong (I've stripped
comments, so it is pretty easy to read through). I submitted a second
email concerning my problem yesterday with more accurate information.
Mainly that the chipset is an IGP 320M, not 340M as I had previously
believed. When defining two screens, two monitors, and two devices and I
am getting a clone of the primary head on the secondary head. Xinerama
says that it is enabled in the log, but you couldn't tell by looking at
the display. From the bugzilla record below I gather I'll need the cvs
to use the patch. Is this correct? Thanks for your help.

Brandon

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 08:38, Alex Deucher wrote:
> the radeon driver supports dualhead.  you can either do it with two
> screen entries and xinerama or with my mergedfb patch
> (http://bugs.xfree86.org//cgi-bin/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=276).  the
> IGP chipsets do not support HW 3D yet.  Make sure your screen entries
> do not contain the "videoram" option as that will prevent dualhead from
> working.  check the radeon and XF86Config man pages for more info.
> 
> Alex
> 
> ----------------------------
> 
> Hello,
> 
> I've an hp ze4430 laptop. It contains an ATI Radeon Mobility U1 (IGP
> 340M w/ 64MB shared memory). I am currently using the "radeon" driver
> that I believe was shipped with XFree 4.3. This graphics card has the
> ability to "extend" the desktop to 2048x78 using an external monitor. I
> have been unable to find any documentation about such a feature being
> supported (or not) by the radeon driver. I have attempted to obtain
> such
> a result by trying everything I know to do in my XF86Config file. I can
> get a 2048x768 desktop using the Xinerama option, but the extra desktop
> space does not display on the external monitor, rather in empty space
> next to the laptop's flat panel. I've also been successful cloning the
> display on both monitors using different methods (MonitorLayout and
> CloneDisplay). Does anyone know if the current radeon driver supports
> this feature or of any documentation that may contain information that
> will help me achieve this setup?
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Brandon Wittenburg
> 
> __________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
> http://sbc.yahoo.com
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to