On Tuesday 05 August 2003 17:37, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Stefan Kombrink wrote:
> > hello folks,
> >
> >  i have some weird problem with my XFree and kdm.
> > (I have kdm configured to act as login after the system has been booted
> > up)
> >
> > When i'm quitting any (arbitrary) window manager some script (i suggest)
> > restarts the X server. At this point my monitor shows a distorted image
> > (you see everything four times...)
> > I found out that a lower resolution (less than 1600x1200) doesn't produce
> > this behavior, as well it is dissolved if i switch to a console and back
> > again. Restarting the xserver does the job as well
> >
> > Anyways, it's annoying, so if anybody has some ideas, please let me know!
>
>    Maybe you could upgrade to NVIDIA's newest drivers (4496).
>
>
>                       Mark.
>
> > 'ank you,
> >
> >   Stefan K. >8^)
> >
> > PS: I got an nvidia card with nv glx drivers.


thanks for your support. Unfortunately it didn't work out.
However, I changed the HorizSync and VertRefresh Lines both to 50-120 for my 
Monitor and it appears to work out now!!

hope, that helps sb in the future

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to