I wrote earlier:

> I'm running XFree 4.3.0 on a ThinkPad R40, using the radeon module.
> The R40 has a 1024x768 LCD panel.  Most of the time I have it hooked
> up to an external monitor which I run at 1152x864, and in that case
> I'm using the "PanelOff" option.

> Mostly X is working very nicely, except for this anomaly:  When the
> screensaver kicks in (either native XFree screen-blanking or
> xscreensaver), the blanked or "saved" area is *not* the entire
> 1152x864 of the external monitor but rather a 1024x768 window.
> The remainder of the original screen is visible round the edges.

> I tried running xscreensaver in verbose mode, and saw the following:
> vp is 1024x768+0+0

I now see what is happening.  Xscreensaver is getting the dimensions
of the area to blank via XF86VidModeGetModeLine().  This function is
indicating a mode of 1024x768 even though the relevant display is
1152x864.  I presume this is because the LCD is the primary head, and
does not support 1152x864 -- although this behavior seems to me wrong
when the PanelOff option is invoked.

Anyway, my workaround was to comment out the call to
XF86VidModeGetModeLine in xscreensaver, so that it drops back to
DisplayWidth and DisplayHeight to get the dimensions of the rectangle
to operate upon, and gets it right.

-- 
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics
Wake Forest University, NC


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to