Hi,
        I have a Sony VAIO laptop. I previously had redhat 8 on it, and
used tpconfig to disable the horrible 'touchpad tap' - where it keeps
right clicking randomly.
        I recently upgraded to redhat 9, and now tpconfig does not work to
disable it. It does work with GPM, but not with X. When X starts it seems
to re-enable it.
        I then tried getting X to use gpm through /dev/gpmdata, but then
the mouse movement/resolution is screwed up.

        Why can I not find any way to configure the behaviour of the 'tap'
function in the X config? You can in gpm...

        I really cannot understand anyone who wants touchpad tap turned
on. If I want to left click, I'll use the button! If I want to *move* the
mouse, I'll use the touchpad.

        Please help, as I'm now considering going back to redhat 8 just so
I don't get these random mouse clicks all the time...

                                Cheers

                                        Jimmy