I recently purchased a new graphics card, the Gigabyte Radeon 9200 VIVO.
Attempts to configure X (XFree86-4.2.1) to work properly with it have
failed.  Attached are the auto-config log (XFree86.8.log) and a dump from
the XFree86 version of scanpci (-v applied).

I tried manually hacking my X config file, based on a readme file I found
for the radeon series of graphics cards, where I manually supplied the card
number, but it also failed ((WW) VGA: ChipID 0xXXXX in Device section
"Card0" isn't valid for this driver), where I tried variants of numbers
found from the scanpci dump from the two "ATI" devices (it's a dual-header
card with video in/out).  The driver I tried using was the "radeon" driver.

Further system information (if it is important):
AMD Athlon-XP 2000
Gigabyte GA-7VAXP (VIA KT400 AGP chipset)
Gigabyte GV-R9200 VIVO graphics card (Radeon 9200, 128 MB, 8x AGP )
256 MB RAM
Linux Kernel 2.4.21
XFree86-4.2.1 (compiled from a patched version of the XFree86-4.2.0 source)

I am willing to try development versions or anything else available,
although the CVS version I tried 2 days ago wouldn't compile.

Any suggestions or fixes would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
-Kevin-