I just installed Red Hat 9, but have yet to actually get it to boot, because xfree86 crashes everytime.  I am running the latest version (4.3.0).  The errors I received are

Radeon(0): no valid mode found for this dfp/lcd

Screen(s) found, but none have suable configuration.

 

Fatal server error: no screens found.

 

Sorry, I would copy and paste the log file, but I can’t boot the machine in any usable way at the moment.  I have a radeon 7500 graphics card, and a pretty typical dell monitor, both of which seem to have been detected just fine during the initial configuration.  Also, during log in the screen goes blank for a few seconds at a time, and I get error messages (I assume) with no text in the boxes, just the option to pick yes or no.  Then I get dumped to the text based log-in.  Any chance you know what’s wrong?  Any chance it’s easy to fix?

 

Thanks you,

Rachel Stokes

Reply via email to