Respected sir,

.I am studying  B.E(in IT) under Calcutta University,Kolkata

In my PC had Red Hat-7.3. and then i have upgraded it to RedHat-9.

Lastweek i was doing work in root envirnment and have not shutdown my pc properly .Nexday when i have  started my pc in Linux environment i did not get graphical mode.

My pc is Pentium-iii with mercury motherboard and monitor is Samtron-56V.

I have also used the following command

$startx
$ XFree86 -configure
$XFree86 -xf86config/root/XF86Config.new

but it gives some error like

[drm:i810_wait_ring] *ERROR* space 65520 wanted 65528

[drm:i810_wait_ring] *ERROR* lockup
XIO:fatal IO ERROR 104(connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
after  0 request (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

I have atached the complete output with this mail.
I hope you will give proper solutions othewise i will not use Linux in
graphical mode.

We are frequently facing this problem in our hostel

Using your LiFY cd can we do any solution ?

Thanking you

Yours faithfully

Pronab Bhattacharyya

Do you Yahoo!?