Hi the problem is in your S3 SavagePro download the last driver from 
http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html
( xf43sav-27t.tgz ) and follow the instruction, is posible that you will
have to change your /etc/X11/XF86Config   file

in "device" section add:

option bios "no"

Marcel

>-- Mensaje Original --
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>From: Deekshit M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: [XFree86] X with samtron 56v
>Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:29:58 +0600 (IST)
>
>
>Hi all,
>     Recently I installed RHL 9.0 on my PC with AMD XP2400, 512MB, 80GB,
>S3 SavagePro(via, onboard), Samtron 56v monitor. But I am not able to get
>the X. The configuration successfully detected my graphics card, during
installation.
>Monitor was detected as Syncmaster. 
>  I commented the Horizontal Sync in/etc/X11/XFree86 file. The I got my
X
>running but at 640x480x8Bpp resolution. 
>
>Can anybody help me to solve this problem.
>
>
>Regards
>Deekshit M
>-------------------------------------------------
>Sify Mail - now with Anti-virus protection powered by Trend Micro, USA.
>Know more at http://mail.sify.com
>
>Sify Power mail- a Premium Service from Sify Mail!
>know more at http://mail.sify.com
>_______________________________________________
>XFree86 mailing list
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86



_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to