Hi.

I have an Ati Mobile radeon 7500 card in my compaq evo n800c. My problem
is that whenever I enable dri, the screen-control gets disabled. I can
not turn the screen off with the lid-buttin, nor with xset. Nor can I
use the fn-F7/F8-keycombination to dim/brighten the screen. Also the
weird problem occurs, that whenever I disconnect the pc from AC-power,
the screen brightens noticeably, and when I reinsert AC-power, it dims
back to normal - thw oposite behaviour of what it should be. This
persista also when I shut down X - I need to reboot to be able to
control my scren again.

If however I start X without dri enabled, it all works like it should.
(except that it gets really slow playing tuxracer). My kernel (2.4.21)
is compiled with ACPI-support.

Is this a known problem? Do I need to send you log-transcripts?

Thanks in advance.

H�vard

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to