Hello.  Can you please help me to make the "startx" command work under
Red Hat Linux 7.3, so I can get the GUI rather than command line prompt?
I keep getting an xfree86 error when running it.

I have an IBM T40 Laptop with WinXP Pro sp1, then VMWare workstation
4.0, then RedHat Linux 7.3 installed.  I installed the VMWare tools for
linux.  I edited /etc/inittab and changed the line that begins with
"id:3" and make it "id:5" which will make it start
in init level 5.  Then I ran Xconfigurator (see attached file for
settings).  Finally I ran startx and got some xfree86 errors.  Can you
please look at the attached config and log files, and
Help me get startx and my gui working?

Maybe you need to make VESA driver in XFree86 4.2.0 somehow run better
on vmware's emulated video?

Thank you,

Roy Enrile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]