Hey,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 11:37:22AM +0100, 107bgr.freeserve.co.uk wrote:
> Ryan
>
> Thanks again for your help! I found the answer on the Matrox site -
> downloaded their latest driver. Among other things it installs the
> mga_hal module which I discoved was needed. Bingo! Double excitement -
> first use of tar (bit of juggling with cd) and worked first time with
> your config file. I think the only change I had made was to initialise
> Xinerama.

Glad you got it working! :)  Yeah, that stupid HAL module is needed for
the second head, I should have mentioned that.  Actually there is code
around to drive the second head e.g. in the linux framebuffer subsystem
and DirectFB, I guess it would only be a matter of someone taking the
time to eliminate the necessity of the binary component by reusing code
from one or more of those places.

BTW, does anyone have DPMS working on the second head of a G400?  On my
setup, DPMS works fine on the first head, but on the second head never
powers off when the server goes into power saving mode -- instead, it
displays some random color on the monitor, sometimes bright white, which
couldn't possibly use any more power, thereby negating the point of the
power saving modes in the first place. ;)

Thanks,

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253