How does it "fail to put the console back into graphics mode" ?


                        Mark.

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Jim Griffin wrote:

> I used to be able to run an X Window session using XFree86 from a terminal
> screen using either xinit or startx and then switch to another console
> screen with <ctrl><alt>Fn
> and then switch back to the graphic screen and still have my X session up.
> 
> Now, using RedHat 9.0 switching screens back to the X Window session fails
> to put the
> console back into graphics mode, and I lose access to my X session.  Is this
> an OS
> problem or an X server problem?  I would think this would be widely
> experienced, yet I see very little on line about it.  Any help?
> 
> Jim Griffin
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
> 

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to