Hi Jason:

Ive read your post, and maybe you can help me whith something similar:

I have a laptop which has a screen plug (db15). If i turn on the laptop, the screen that works is its lcd pannel. If i turn it on whith an external screen pluged into the db15, that screen works, but not the lcd. Also, if im using the lcd, i cannot plug an external screen to the db15 whithout rebooting.

When i run X, in the /var/log/XFree86.0.log file appears:
Display plane A is disabled
Display plane B is enabled

I think this is something related to that.

Do you know how can i switch from an external screen to the lcd, and vice versa (whithout rebooting :D)
Also do you know if it is possible to use both at the same time? It would be great for presentations, where the projector is plugged, but you need to look the screen at the same time.

If you know any document where i can find some information, i would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Fernando Alvarez-Uria
Madrid, Spain

p.s. My graphic card is an Intel i855GL, and im using i810 driver under XFree86 4.3

Jason Kim wrote:

Hi there..

I'm currently trying to configure four screens with Radeon RV2P which
has 2 heads.  (using kernel 2.4.20-20, X 4.3.0-33)
When I configure two heads (using only one card), it is working well.
But, when I configure 4 heads (using two cards), X just crashed  with
following warning in log file:
(WW) RADEON(3): Only one monitor detected, Second screen will NOT be
created

I'm using the same monitors.  Is there anyone who successfully
configures four screens with Radeon RV2P?

any advise appreciated..

Jason

Part of my XFree86-4 :

Section "Device"