I have encountered the same problem after installing SuSE Linux 8.2
Professional on a Dell Workstation 400 (PII, 300MHz) with an Elsa GLoria XL
graphics card.
The pertinent details of XFree86.0.0.log:
PCI:*(0:16:0) unknown vendor (0x1048) unknown chipset (0x8901) rev22
PCI: (0:16:1) 3DLabs GLINT Delta rev 1
PCI: (0:16:2) 3DLabs GLINT MX rev 1
I tried all of the following graphics cards in SaX2 with no luck:
3DLabs
-- 3DExtreme
-- Permedia 4
-- Permedia II 2D+3D
-- R4
S3
-- Integrated Trio3D
Re: [XFree86] RE: Elsa Gloria XL Card
From: Alan Hourihane
Subject: Re: [XFree86] RE: Elsa Gloria XL Card
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:09:45 -0700
On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 04:02:41AM +1000, Chris wrote:
> Dear XFree86 team,
>
> I have a Compaq Deskpro AP400 with a Elsa Gloria XL card in it, I have
> tried many things to try to get it to work but have been unsuccessful so
> far, has anyone had this experience before?
What have you tried ?
Check the log file in /var/log/XFree86.0.log for any errors.
Alan.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86