Daice wrote:
Hi

I wanna get a graphic card with TV out to attach an old PC to my TV... now
as a big Linux user I obviously wanna run Linux on it...

but while checking the current status of TV Out support it rather looks like
that's gonna be a daunting task... :-(

Most drivers plan to "add TV Out support in the future" - or if I find it
mentioned looks rather very bleedign edge

before actually buying a new card with TV Out - can anyone recommand a chips
set that's proven to be working with xfree?

Maybe any further reference to documentation giving more help? (been looking
around a bit but didn't find much concrete)

sis works perfectly with TV-out (without MacroVision; Macrovision-enabled version available on request and upon presentation of a MV-license.)


However, I can't really recommend SiS hardware, it generally lacks DRI support. But if 3D isn't an issue, it'll do.

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria
thomas AT winischhofer DOT net          http://www.winischhofer.net/
twini AT xfree86 DOT org

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to