Firstly, have you configured you monitor?, I can find  no information about
it... ie defined refresh rates, resolutions supported etc. You will have to
do this because you have opted to use the ATI driver by ATI

Secondly, you seem to be using the ATI driver provided by ATI technologies.
Have you compiled it for Mandrake 9.1?

Thirdly, you might be alot farther ahead to not use the ATI driver... Xfree
4.3 has a good driver comparable to the one provided by ATI.

The lastest Xfree developmental drivers for ATI are even better.. *very
stable*

If you have no clue what you are doing... I would recommend the following..

Reinstall Mandrake 9.1 (Install... NOT upgrade) *Back up all your important
data!)

Let Mandrake find your monitor and your ATI card...(it should provide a decent
setup)

If everything seems to be working well... then you may want to modify the
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and add the following

Section "DRI"
    Mode 0666
EndSection

and under the Module Section add

Load "dri"

as Mandrake 9.1 does not enable Direct Rendering by default..

Best of luck,

Gary