Hi,

I have a Compaq n610c notebook, which comes with the ATI Radeon 7500
graphics adapter. I'm running XF 4.3.0 (debian packages). While
generally the display works ok, the LCD chokes (displays out of sync
flickering patterns) whenever I close the lid (suspend the display),
and sometimes even when I switch from X to console, or vice-versa. I'm
using kernel 2.4.22 with the latest ACPI patches, and the newest BIOS
update from compaq (F15A). The problem persists even when I disable
ACPI (boot: acpi=off).

I have seen many users reporting this problem, or very similar ones,
but I wasn't able to find a satisfactory explanation, as to what is
going on.

Has the reason for this been found? What is causing it (buggy X video
driver, BIOS, ACPI, flaky hardware, alpha particles)?  And more
importantly, are there any solutions (existing or under development)?

Thanks in advance
/npat

--
Hey, maybe I could apply for a saint-hood from the Pope.  Does
somebody know what his email-address is? I'm so nice it makes you