On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 21:56, Mark Vojkovich wrote:

> > Graphics intensive applications have been known to create noise on the
> > PCI bus - this is probably what you're hearing.  There's a fair bit of
> > info out on the web if you look into audio related sites.
> > 
> > IIRC, there are some PCI options you can pass XFree86 that tell it to be
> > nicer to the PCI bus.  Of course, it probably costs performance.
> > 

> 
>    I don't think he's talking about sound card glitches.  I believe
> he's talking about the machine emitting a high-pitched whine under
> load.  These things tend to be power related as far as I can tell.

right!
i'm not talking about sound problems. I'm talking about my machine
emitting some bothering noises.

andreas

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to