Hi,

I have installed Suse Linux 6.3 on an older PC and cannot get the XServer to
accept any monitor I choose (better: sax doesn't show me any equivalent
monitor, only option is a LCD 15'', but doesn't work when testing the
XServer).

The issue is that I bought a new monitor (Fujitsu - Siemens S7, 17'' LCD)
which is of course not in the list of this old version.

The bookshelf points to this site's FAQ which is not there anymore.

What to do?
- Is there a single file I could download to update the list of the old
XServer version to recognize my new monitor?
- If I have to update the entire XFree with the latest version, does this
work with Linux 6.3?

As I'm quite new to Linux, some details are really appreciated.

Thanks for any hint.

Cheers,

Oliver

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to