I installed XFree86 version 4.1.0.1 on my Dell Inspirion 5150 laptop,
which has a Nvidia GeForce FX  5200 Go graphics card.

I can't get the Xserver to work. I get a message saying "no screens
detected".
By doing a PCI bus scan, I get the impression that the video
card on PCI:1:0:0 was not detected.

I looked up my card on the XFree86 website and it does not seem to be
there, but I am not sure if the card is currently supported or not.

Can anyone tell from the above symptons if the problem is definitly related
to lack of support for my video card in the XFree86 version 4.1.0.1?

If this is the problem and there are no Linux driver for this card, does
anyone know when, or if, it will be available?

Thanks a lot

Jorge Castro

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to