On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, William Gallafent wrote:

>> As mentioned in the subject I have a Sapphire Radeon 9000
>> dual-head video adapter that I'd really like to get working.
>
>I had various problems with dual-head on a Sapphire Radeon 9000
>using plain 4.3.0. I advise you to pick up a recent snapshot (or
>use current CVS, or current DRI CVS) since there have been many
>improvements since 4.3.0 was released.

Dualhead on Radeon is totally broken in 4.3.0 stock due to a bug 
in the radeon driver which didn't get noticed/fixed prior to 
release.  If you use dualhead, when the mouse crosses from one 
head to another, the 2nd head will shutdown.  That bug is fixed 
in the XFree86 4.3 (xf-4_3-branch) stable branch, CVS head, and 
most Linux distribution's 4.3.0 builds.

Another option which is generally useful for dualhead is:

        Monitorlayout "CRT" "CRT"

Hope this helps.


-- 
Mike A. Harris

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to