Rutka Patrick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 3 screens : one with NVIDIA drivers, and the 2 others with S3 drivers.
> NVIDIA/NV with one in S3 woks perfectly. Now with the 3 heads activated, I
> have system crashes (linux+xfree : frezzes) randomely(?) or after a few
> minutes (Never craches if I don't use my 2 screen with s3). Sometimes when I
> move from the 2 S3 screens I have parts of my screen 3 are visibles on my
> screen 2. These parts are not random but represents elements (like the blue
> bars of artscontrol) but on the bad screens (like the drivers take the memoty
> of the other driver).
>
> Vesa driver in multi-head doesn't work so I don't could test with it. And with
> the NV driver in 3 Multi-Head do sometimes an error of SHMAT on HIGH
> MEMORY...
>
> I attach my config and the log :
>
> I use Linux (2.6.0-test9) and Xfree 4.3.0 on a Mandrake 9.1

I seem to recall a few reports of trouble with the S3 driver in
multihead.  I suspect it's not fully stable for dual and higher use, but
not absolutely sure.  It's good news it works well with 2 heads.  Sounds
like there is still a problem with 2 S3 cards though.  Hopefully one of
the S3 guys can take a look.

--
Kevin