Hi!

Since the "prehistoric" days of Mandrake-6.0, I've been using xvidtune. I just
installed M-9.2 and when I invoked it, I got
   << Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display ":0.0".
      Unable to query video extension version >>

I compared the Mandrake install with the RedHat-9 that I also have (where
xvidtune works perfectly), and nothing seems to be missing. In /usr/sbin
there is a "vidmode" link to an executable "rdev" file.

The xvidtune man page doesn't help at all. What do I have to do to make
xvidtune usable?

If you can help, please respond directly to "gilsonr (at) highstream.net."
Thanks greatly in advance.

--
Regards,
g.r. (in /usually/sunny, balmy Florida's Suncoast.)