On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, A. Madhusudan  , Gurgaon wrote:
> I am quite new to Linux and have just installed zipslack in my system
> from Slackware Linux. I got the installers for Xfree86 4.3.0 from their
> ftp site and installed it for x Terminal. After installation and
> configuration, when I try to start it, it gives me an error as below.

> Xterm: error while loading shared libraries: libutempter.so.0: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or Directory

Xterm needs functions from libutempter.so wich is in another pkg not yet
installed. Install the pkg (maybe it's name is utempter?) and try again.

This is because Slackware does not use dependencies in the packages.

Karsten

-- 
        Homepage, Mac68k, A/UX-Links und Shorties: www.tecneeq.de
  ()    Linux/NetBSD-Anleitungen, Forum  und Chat: www.newbie-net.de
 <\/>
 _/\_   When you are in it up to your ears, keep your mouth shut.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to