I've just recently been trying to switch over to linux, I'm running RH9, but I can't seem to make my computer switch to a 1024x768 screen resolution. I am using the onboard video adapter, and I've tried boards with SIS 530 and SIS 630, 630 is the one I really want to get working though. It's on 800x600 I can go in and change the settings to 1024x768, via System Settings/Display, and it tells me that it saved the new configuration and that I need to restart the X server, however after I do nothing changes, looking at the file it says it wrote to it didn't change either. I also tried manually adding the "1024x768" to the file, at the suggestion of a friend, and while that does make it say 1024x768 when I go to System Settings/Display, the actual resolution is still 800x600, it shows the screen picture and then a outline a little ways out from that, when I switch it to 800x600 the outline is right around the picture.
So is there anyway I can get it to really go to 1024x768? I know my system can support it since it works great in Windows.
I'd appreciate and help I can get. If you need any more information from me I'd be glad to give it. Thanks.


Steve


_______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to