I have recently installed GIMP to run under Xvfb. Additionally, I created two init.d scripts to automate the start/stop of Xvfb and GIMP's Perl Server at start-up/shutdown. Both scripts work great when executed manually, but when actually power cycling the system it only launches Xvfb and GIMP without the Perl Server.

I have Xvfb as one of the first scripts started under init.d and the
GIMP with Perl Server as one of the last.  Below, is the syntax I am
using in each script.

daemon Xvfb :1 -screen 0 640x480x24 -fp /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/
-nolisten tcp -ac &

daemon /usr/bin/gimp --batch \''(extension-perl-server 1 0 0)'\'
\''(gimp-quit 0)'\' --no-interface --no-data --verbose
--display :1.0 --no-splash --no-splash-image --console-messages
--enable-stack-trace never &

The GIMP mailing list suggested it might be due to environmental variables with Xvfb or something of the sort. Any ideas?

Respectfully,


Gary


P.S. I am using it for a CAPTCHA installation.


_______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to