I can't diagnose without seeing the /var/log/XFree86.0.log file,
but usually this is because your X-server is too old for your
graphics hardware.

                        Mark.

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Alexandre Morales wrote:

> I'm not using DVI interface with this computer but DSub one. When I start x,
> it return a "no screen found", oor a "screen found but unusable
> configuration", or something like this.
> 
> Alex
> 
> 
> |-----Message d'origine-----
> |De�: Mark Vojkovich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> |Envoy�: mardi 25 novembre 2003 00:53
> |��: Alexandre Morales
> |Cc�: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> |Objet�: Re: [XFree86] Dell 1800 FP
> |
> |
> |   FYI, the "nv" driver that comes with XFree86 didn't support
> |the DVI interface until XFree86 4.3.0, so if you're using something
> |older than 4.3.0, it's not going to work.
> |
> |
> |                             Mark.
> |
> |On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Alexandre Morales wrote:
> |
> |> Hello,
> |>
> |>
> |>
> |> I'm newbie in Debian, and I'm trying to configure Xfree. But I don't
> |> understand how to set up my Flat Panel 1800 FP (Dell), with my Nvidia
> |> graphic card. It seems to be so difficult for me. Can you help me please
> |?
> |>
> |>
> |>
> |> Regards,
> |>
> |>
> |>
> |> Alex
> |>
> |>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to