are you running xinerama or not?  if not you can start apps on
different heads by using -Display host:0.0 or 0.1 where host is the
hostname of your machine. or setting the DISPLAY variable to point to
whichever head you want the app to start on. see the X man page for
more.

Alex

---------------------------

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 06:56:16AM -0800, Alex Deucher wrote:
> easy fix.  change this line:
>       Screen         "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
> to this:
>       Screen         "Screen1" LeftOf "Screen0"

I tried that and it doesn't change the monitor order around. Starting x
still brings up all my default apps on the rightmost screen.

The only change that made was that instead of moving my mouse to the
right to get the leftmost screen, I could now move the mouse to the
left
to get to the leftmost screen.