Alan hourihane did some basic work on a trident dri driver, but it's
not finished.  you can see more here:
http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Trident

there are databooks available for the VIA/Trident PLE133 and Trident
may give out databooks for newer chips under NDA.  Unfortunately none
of the dri developers have the time to develop a full fledged dri
driver for trident chips right now.  If you have the time and the
inclination, feel free to work on a driver.

Alex

----------------------

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows of an opengl driver for trident
blade3d?

The dri driver that is worked upon seems to support only the
cyberbladexp, which is rather different, I think.

BTW, where do you find this driver, I tried the dri cvs but it does not
compile it. (it was some time ago).

The blade3d core is used on all versions of trident chips before
cyberbladeXP, amongs which the CyberBlade/i1 on the Epia motheboards.

This chip has OpenGL capabilities, limited. They are used in Xig
acceleratedX... sadly.

Thanks for advice,