I own a HP xe5155 with an ATI mobility M6 video card. I used the new Debian-beta installer to install debian on it, and I'm running kernel 2.4.22, and I've attached my XFree86.0.log file.
Here's the important section of my XFree84-4 file:
# XF86Config-4 (XFree86 X server configuration file) generated by dexconf, the
# Debian X Configuration tool, using values from the debconf database.
#
Section "Module"
Load "GLcore"
Load "bitmap"
Load "dbe"
Load "ddc"
Load "dri"
Load "extmod"
Load "freetype"
Load "glx"
Load "int10"
Load "record"
Load "speedo"
Load "type1"
Load "vbe"
Load "xtt"
EndSectionSection "Monitor"
Identifier "Generic Monitor"
HorizSync 28-49
VertRefresh 43-72
Option "DPMS"
EndSectionSection "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Device "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon Mobility M6 [LY]"
Monitor "Generic Monitor"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 1
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 4
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 8
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 15
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
EndSection
Section "DRI"
Mode 0666
EndSectionlspci -v output
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M6 LY (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company: Unknown device 0029
Flags: bus master, stepping, fast Back2Back, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 66, IRQ 9
Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
I/O ports at 9000 [size=256]
Memory at e0100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: [58] AGP version 2.0
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks ~zach
_________________________________________________________________
Check your PC for viruses with the FREE McAfee online computer scan. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963
XFree86.0.log
Description: Binary data

