First of all i'd like to thank the guy who thought it would be really cool to make X set it's priority as a hardcoded value by default instead of having it be set from a config file.

Line 624 of xinit.c has this.
#ifdef PRIO_PROCESS


setpriority( PRIO_PROCESS, serverpid, -1 );

#endif


I've been compiling my own X for literally years and i dont remember seeing PRIO_PROCESS documented anywhere in xf86site.def as a configurable option nor any other documents on having in a config file somewhere to override it with another option name. Debian's X server uses something called Xwrapper.conf but that's a debian thing. So if this is indeed a configuration option i'm missing to override it then I'd be very happy if someone would show me where i could find that configuration option and where to have it. Otherwise I suggest this code be removed from X as it's completely annoying, useless, and obviously not very documented since my previous questions on how come my server is being niced to -1 all the time was met with no response whatsoever.



_______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to