I looked at
http://xserver.freedesktop.org/Software/TranslucentWindows
and http://xserver.freedesktop.org/Software/Home,
where I saw the 'xserver' project. How does this
project relate to xfree86?

I don't see anything that says if you want translucent
windows, do this....

If I download and compile the 'xserver', does that
automatically come with translucent window support?

If not, how do I get translucent window support?

If it does come with translucent window support, how
do
I control which windows are translucent and how
translucent they are? Is there a command line program?
Could one be created if there isn't one already?

:)