For your crash, try using the "xtt" module instead of "freetype".

  As for debugging, as long as the server hasn't been stripped or
built with the fomit-frame-pointer option, you can still get a backtrace.   
Run under gdb or attach after it's hung.  When you get a backtrace
you'll get alot of question marks if it's in a module, but you can
call PrintLoaderSymbol with the offset and it will tell you what
function that is.  Eg:

gdb>   call PrintLoaderSymbol(0x47839820)


                Mark.

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am getting very infrequent (one every week or two) tight loops induced
> by something that Mozilla Firebird 0.7 is doing.  Keyboard is completely
> unresponsive, and when I come in over the network I find the X server
> consuming 100% of the CPU cycles.
> 
> Where is there documentation or advice on how to compile X so that I can
> break into this process to find where it is looping?  I'm clearly
> looking in the wrong places.  Or is this a know and fixed problem so I
> should just wait for 4.4?
> 
> R Horn
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
> 

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to