Dear [EMAIL PROTECTED],
1. Log-in in text-mode
2. $ su -    ... (be root)
3. # redhat-config-display

... then you can guess your display-setting.
You can do this several times until you find
the appropriate setting that bring you to the
X-Window. :D

----- Original Message -----
From: "karthik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:30:44 +0530
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [XFree86] not getting the GUI screen

> Sir/Madam,
> 
>         I have a problem in linux 8.0.  The problem is that im not able to enter 
> into the GUI.  I was there only in the text mode.  How to fix the problem.  I 
> changed the video settings of my desktop. I think, thats why i got this problem.  
> Please provide me the solution for this.
> 
> regards
> karthik
            
-- 
______________________________________________
Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.linuxmail.org 
This allows you to send and receive SMS through your mailbox.


Powered by Outblaze
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to