Replying to myself
Partially solved my problem by editing the XFree86 configuration file
/etc/X11/XFree86

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
#       Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
#       Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
        Option      "Buttons"   "1"
EndSection

I added the line
Option "Buttons" "1"
and commented two lines as above.

But the issue is that I want the scrolling feature, though I have
disabled it as seen above. If I enable Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" then
right click also works which I don't want.

Suggestions?

Regards
Aman Raheja


On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 23:33, agftech lists wrote:
> Hi
> 
> I want to disable the right click of the mouse completely but still keep
> using the wheel of my PS/2 mouse.
> Not sure if some option in XFree86 configuration file would do it.
> Some mailing list also talked about using xmodmap to do so.
> I am RH Linux 9.
> Guidance highly appreciated.
> 
> Regards
> 
> ______________________
> Aman Raheja
> AGF Technologies
> http://www.agftech.com
> ______________________
> 
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

______________________
Aman Raheja
AGF Technologies
http://www.agftech.com
______________________

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to