Egbert wrote:

>Mark Vojkovich writes:
> > 
> >    XFree86's mouse protocol handling doesn't seem to be able to
> > handle interruptions/inconsistencies in the protocol stream that
> > kvm switches cause.  As far as I can tell, XFree86 has always had 
> > this problem.  Other than switching VTs to force a the server
> > to reset its state machine, I don't know of another solution.
> > 
>
>The problem are not so much intermediate inconsitencies in the protocol
>but rather the fact that the mouse gets powered down and up again
>by some kvms loosing all its configuration data.
>One may be able to work around this problem by choosing the auto protocol.
>This attempts to redetect the mouse when inconsitencies in the data stream
>persist.
>However I cannot tell for sure. I never had a kvm for testing when I
>implemented the auto protocol.
>
>Egbert.

i found this same problem months ago & finally got around to digging up 
the XF86config file.  

changing protocol to "auto" does help -- i notice a slight pause on the screen 
when i switch back to RH9, but full cursor control is restored within about a 
second after that.  i don't know whether it matters, but i have a Belkin F1DS104T.

the only other workable solution i found was (as root):

service gpm restart 

but this one isn't terribly convenient.
--
jmw

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to